Baptism at Pursuit!
One of the most powerful aspects of baptism at Pursuit Church is the written testimony telling your story of salvation. The testimony allows you to share how you came to know Christ as your Savior and how he has been working in your life.
Writing out your testimony allows you to do as many drafts as necessary, while sharing the message you have thoughtfully and prayerfully prepared ahead of time (Yes…that’s your homework!). Many people ask, “Do I have to write out my testimony?” The answer is yes, if you want to be baptized at Pursuit Church.
Baptism is meant to be a public profession of an internal change and it is an incredible opportunity to share God’s message of redemption with hundreds of people. Your testimony gives people hope. Revelation 12:11 says, “They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony”.
Some people are nervous about writing their stories, but we will work hard to make the process both simple and fulfilling. Below you will find a list of questions meant to help you collect your thoughts and share your story.
We want baptism to be a meaningful and enjoyable experience, and we look forward to walking through it with you! If you have any questions or need help preparing your testimony, please contact us at email@example.com or call the church office @ 980-505-5974
Questions and thoughts to help you write your story.
*Write it out. Put it on paper. Then…read it over several times…then type it up!*
- It’s simply your story about your journey to “New Life”.
- Introduce yourself and tell how long you have known (or known about) a relationship with God through Christ.
- Did you grow up in church?
- Have you “come back” to church?
- Is this your first church?
- What do you perceive is different in your life because of Jesus?
- What does being forgiven, having “New Life”, mean to you?
- How has Pursuit Church helped you in your coming to know Jesus and your personal relationship with him?
When your done writing your story and feel comfortable with it, please email a copy of it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to hear your story!